Tuesday, November 03, 2009

What's Your Raashee?

No..this post is not about the movie. We did watch the movie and well, even my love for Priyanka Chopra, could not make the 3 plus hours and the innumerable songs any easier to bear. This one has been brewing in my head for a while now. A sleepy me picked up Linda Goodman's Sun Signs from our bookshelf, first thing on Sunday morning. Triggers-

1. N, X & Y are having coffee and discussing something.
Z (enters the room..) : Whoa! Nice to see N talk!!
N rolls her eyes, smiles, continues conversation.

2. J: So tell me about you & A..how different/similar are you guys?
N: J..we are quite different, A is not as quiet as I am... for one.
J (smirks..): N..you are not quiet!
N: No?? Ok..maybe in a big crowd or with new people?
J (thinking back,..searching old memories): Hmm..maybe..

3. R: No.. you cannot be a Leo! You don't seem like one at all!! Leos love attention. I can't stand Leos.
N: Sorry but I am a Leo...a quiet one.

*Sigh*

So I went and read some Linda Goodman. Few lines from her book that I want to bring up here-

1. There are no introverted Leos. There are only Leos who pretend to be introverts.
2. You may find a few lions who keep their ruling Sun dimmed and go about being strong, dignified and determined quietly. Don't let that soft purr fool you.
3. Leo is a fiercely loyal friend, a just but powerful enemy, creative and original, strong and vital - whether he's a quiet or a flamboyant lion, for there are both kinds.

So there. I am a Leo, the quieter kind.

For those who are interested in such matters, there is such a thing as the moon sign. And mine happens to be Cancer. That explains a lot.

I promised A a year or so back that I will not dwell on such matters for too long. So end of post. There you go, a post entirely about "my zodiac" and "me",..who needs more proof that I am, indeed, a Leo? :-)

2 comments:

starry eyed said...

Leos have had such strong influences on me n hubby, that we planned our kids solely to make sure they would not be Leos! Not that Leos are bad....just having 3-4 Leos in one family is more than enough, lol!

Lefiera said...

Hey there Starry..thanks for stopping by. I agree, 3-4 Leos in one family can be quite a challenge! ;-) I'm the only one in mine, so it worked out alright both for the family and me (although I must admit that I was quite a difficult child while growing up, so my folks did have their hands full all the time).