Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vacation Cravings..

..are satisfied. Books, movies, occasional trips outside, two mile walk-runs, food,.......it's bliss.

I can't believe that it's already day 5 of my break. A much needed break and I'm loving it. For once, we are not rushing out the door to catch a flight or to make that road trip (not that I don't enjoy those vacations but I always need some extra time after to recover) or have chores lined up. For so long now, I have been craving for such a vacation with no major plans, mostly chilling with books.

For the first time in years, I read a book like I used to during school summer vacations back home in India. And I'm so kicked about it. I could concentrate on a book (without other thoughts floating around in my head) and complete it within a day, without falling asleep after reading two pages of it. I spent considerable time at a local book store a couple of days ago, remembered my Landmark days and came back with a few books that I have been meaning to read (Unaccustomed Earth - Jhumpa Lahiri, A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini and The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga). I finished the Lahiri book. Though I liked it, it left me feeling wistful just like the Namesake movie had. I will be going to a couple of other bookstores soon. A wants me to get Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh and I want to get some Chetan Bhagat books as well. I haven't read him at all and want to know what the hype is about, atleast before the movie is out.

2 comments:

Aqua and Mauve said...

the reading list sounds very interesting. do post a review for the white tiger.

Lefiera said...

will do.