Monday, October 19, 2009

Shava-shava from Iceland

My sister was in Iceland a few weekends ago (she highly recommends the place). During our "How was Iceland?" chat she happened to mention a small fact - Iceland has Bollywood dancing schools. Now, like any good bollywood movie watching Samaritan, I was very intrigued by this. After all, what in the world has Iceland got to do with Bollywood and vice-versa? So I went to the so called "Solomon, The wise" of the modern world, google baba and put in "Iceland dancers Bollywood" as keywords and voila; I had the link to  "From Russia with Long Legs" on India Today. I always wondered how these Bollywood directors get  firang dancers. Apparently, it's a blooming business with multiple agencies amicably dividing up the world map and choosing their area for recruitment. Who would have thought?

1 comment:

antrix said...

What an opportune post. Just yesterday, the Mrs & I were discussing this trend while watching Caucasians dancing on Dus Ka Dum.