Monday, October 26, 2009

The Mrs. has been baptized!

It's taken 5 years of goading, urging and at times offering to watch chick flicks in return but it has finally happened. I have seen an entire Manchester United match with N while she was equally engrossed in the match. We went to watch the Liverpool Vs United match at Nevada Smiths yesterday and though the result (of the match) was not quite what I was hoping for, the reaction of the Mrs. was brilliant. In her own words - "I was stuck in a sports bar with no distractions so had to watch the match and I really liked it. We should come here again for other games and next time we come I want to wear a United jersey." And that's not all, as the game wore on, I saw her clapping at good tackles, sighing at near misses and here is the icing on the cake, she sang and clapped her hands to - "If you hate the bloody scousers clap your hands, if you hate the bloody scousers clap your hands, if you really %^&*^& hate them, if you really %^&*&#$ hate them, if you really %^&%*&^ hate them clap your hands", both during and after the game. And now, with my heart filled with joy, teary eyes and choked throat I can finally say, the Mrs. has been baptized!

Disclaimer: The author may have twisted some facts for dramatization.

3 comments:

Aqua and Mauve said...

nice one- but was nithu drunk?!

AJ said...

Thanks. Nope, not at all and that makes me even more proud of my achievement. Thanks for bringing it up :).

Sailesh Ganesh said...

Congrats are in order!!