Friday, January 07, 2011

Winter Wonderland..



I have been meaning to write for the longest time now but never got around to doing it. And it's already 2011. I am excited about this new year. I actually have a set of resolutions for this year, a first for me!

The second half of last year was an emotional roller-coaster. Without getting into the specifics, let me just say that I had been extremely touchy. Hopefully, I am through that phase and am more in control of my emotions now.

Besides all that, we moved into a lovely new place. It's funny how we think ourselves to be one way or the other, only to realize later we were probably never that way in the first place. Or maybe we just change over time. I used to believe that after living in one place for years, I would hate moving to a new place and settle down all over again. I always knew that A was more flexible and adapted to new situations fast but I think I surprised myself this time. I absolutely love our new place and it's been great fun exploring new things here together with A. Think I am more open to bigger moves now..

Our customary camping trip was to Maine end of summer last year. Really, Bar Harbor - Maine, has got to be one of the most beautiful places I have been to within the United States. Loved it. Reminded both of us of St. John, USVI.

And thanksgiving of last year was a fabulous break. We got other with all of A's cousins and their families. Hope we continue this new tradition over the years. It really inspired me to organize something like that with my cousins. It will be awesome fun.

Here's hoping this year is fantastic for everyone!

2 comments:

Aqua and Mauve said...

Finally we hear from you :) Welcome back! Wish you a very happy time in this new place!

Lefiera said...

Thanks Aqua & Mauve! :) We just moved to another area of town to be closer to work. Its been a nice change!