Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Random Thoughts...

It's been a while since I posted. Time has been flying by really fast. Busy work weeks, busy weekends - sometimes, I am really happy that there's so much activity and at other times, I just want to stop and freeze the moment or the hour or the day!

We enjoyed South Africa - the football matches, the people, Kruger, the countryside and all the driving. I'm so glad we went, even with all the last minute confusion. I don't see us doing such a trip again anytime in the near future, this was our chance, and I'm happy we took it. On our flight to Jo'burg, I got into a conversation with this American lady, middle-aged, who was travelling to South Africa, with her husband and two grown-up sons. They were to see a couple of matches, visit Kruger, and then travel to Namibia. She talked about how she and her husband had traveled quite a bit before they had kids, and that they had liked it so much, that when they had kids, they started making trips with them. She parted with some advice, 'Continue to work really hard, so you can travel to all these great places!'. I loved her enthusiasm and it gave me a lot of hope for the future, not just about travel but life in general..

So glad it's Friday tomorrow! Really looking forward to the weekend. I am hoping for a quiet one at home........

2 comments:

Aqua and Mauve said...

Out of action for four months? why? time to update us on what's happening at your end!!!

Lefiera said...

Been lazy!..Hope to get around to writing soon..