Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Mac power

I am working on my lab's Mac iBook today since my advisor is running my experiment on the PC that I normally use. This thing is one of the sleekest babies I have seen around. I just love the look and feel of it, if I were all comfortable with the OS I would have bought one myself. I have no idea why Macs are so popular among the faculty members and not so popular among students who prefer a PC or some geeks might want linux. Would anyone care to tell me?

1 comment:

Nikhil said...

Dont think Macs r really popular among faculty members. May be biomed profs who have nothing to do except write documents, create presentations & surf the web. Look & feel wise they r great, but thats about it.

Linux is great if you do a lot of coding or scripting and would like to automate a lot of tasks & you like speed.

Windows PC gives the best of both worlds :). Yeah baby!!!