Sunday, May 29, 2011

And its Summer again!

I am so happy that after all the snow, freezing temperatures & rain, the weather is finally awesome! A long weekend in this part of the world. We didn't plan any trips for this weekend since A had some work. But the weekend has been fun, and we have been enjoying the great weather. On Friday night, we went out to eat in one of the Italian restaurants in the area. They had outdoor seating, it was just so nice to sit out and dine. Yesterday, we went on a short hike, and then went to see 'Chalo Dilli' in the evening. Quite liked the movie, lots of laughs and, as usual, Vinay Pathak was awesome. I think Lara Dutta acted well too.

Since the weather is going to be good over the next few months, we got some balcony furniture. I also bought some plants & flowers. I got petunias and begonias, and am trying to grow tomatoes, hot peppers, cilantro and mint. Really excited! The flowers look so beautiful, just love admiring them every time I look out!! I plan to make more additions in June & July.

We went on a vacation to India for 3 weeks in March-April. Overall, the trip was great. We went to Chennai first, met all my relatives and attended my cousin's engagement. It was good to attend a function in India after a long time and to meet everyone. Then we went on a trip to Coorg with my parents. Had a fabulous time there with them. After Coorg, we went to Udaipur. Udaipur is such a beautiful city. This was my 3rd trip there but the first time that I got to spend some quality time there with everyone and visiting places. All the lakes and the Aravallis, just beautiful. We went around the city a lot. Also went and stayed in a palace turned resort a little outside of the city with A's friends. I had close to a 1000 pictures at the end of our trip. An interesting and mostly fun trip, spent quality time with family and friends, but at the end of the 3 weeks, I wanted to come back to our life here.

So here we are, back to our jobs and routine. Work has been busy for us. Really can't believe it that it has been a month & a half since we got back. Looking forward to the rest of the summer..

No comments: